[Pythonmac-SIG] Linking Python Core into an XOP code resource

Jared Updike jaredu@its.caltech.edu
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:27:48 -0700 (PDT)

My situation is this:

I have the Code Warrior C project embeddemo working, and I changed the
code to perform a specific task (send a text string to a TCP socket). This
works fine (by itself).

I have an Igor (Igor is a lab data-retrieval/
storage/grahing/etc. program) XOP function that I stole from the sample
demo, which takes string data input and concatenates two strings (nothing
too fancy). Igor XOPs are code resources that dwell in a specific
directory that Igor peruses when it initializes, loading any XOPs that are
present. This works fine (by itself).

The goal is to make a Codewarrior project that acts as XOP code resource
that takes string input from Igor and sends it to Python to send over TCP
socket. This willl enable the lab experiment running in Igor to
communicate with the SGI that is running the stimulus, and solve timing
problems, etc.

The problem that arises is that when Igor loads, if I have linked the
Python Core into the Codewarrior project/XOP then the Igor application
will fail to load, without any dialog boxes or error messages. Could this
be a problm with the linking of my Codewarrior project, the fact that it
is a code resource and not something else, or is it an Igor problem (I
doubt that this specific of an issue has an obvious Python-related
solution, therefore I have sent a similar message to Igor Development
Support as well...) Any input would be appreciated.

--Jared

Web: http://waffles.caltech.edu
Phone: (626)395-1154
Campus Adress: Blacker Hovse, Room 31