[Pythonmac-SIG] Startup file?

Corran Webster cwebster@nevada.edu
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:56:57 -0700

> How do I have a startup file automatically execute when I launch Python
>and Python IDE?  I've looked around and can't figure it.  I know there is
>a path name in UNIX to such a thing, but where is it on the Mac?  Thanks.

A little source-diving (Sherlock's find-by-content feature is wonderful!)
shows that the file you want is "PythonStartup", which should be located in
the same folder as the Python executable (I think - it works for me, at
least).

It doesn't seem to work with the IDE.

This name appears to be hard-wired and can't be changed short of
re-compiling Python.

Regards,
Corran