[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Stackless Python for MacOS

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 14:24:23 +0100

At 3:09 pm +0200 6/4/00, Christian Tismer wrote:
>Yes, this is the only incompatibility. I followed the current
>CVS version, until Unicode was introduced. That would give
>me too much changes. Also, I made the new append() behavior
>optional.

thanks :)

>My Stackless Windows installer just drops the new dlls into
>their place, and silently replaces errors.py with the new
>version. Are there installers for the Mac, like Wise for
>Windows? (I have no idea about Mac's at all). Then this
>would be all to be done.

Well, I just dropped the PythonCore file (roughly equivalent to dlls)
into the right place alongside the Interpreter (I moved the older one
to another folder). There's a macerrors.py file in the lib folder
(directory), but no errors.py file.

There's some very good installers on the Mac (Vise, InstallerMaker),
but it was the work of 5 seconds to use stackless (because Just had
put in considerably more than 5 seconds worth of work!). Most Mac
users will be ok with moving a file about in a folder I reckon...

>1024 Thanks + a hug from me, too - chris

major thanks to you too Chris!

tone.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2