[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS X and Python

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 15:09:42 -0400

At 13:41 -0500 4/3/00, Matthew Barre wrote:
>With MacOS X being POSIX compliant and having BSD at its core does this mean
>that the future of Python for Mac is going to be the *nix ports of Python?
>or will it be a hybrid of the current MacPyton(Apple Events, AS interfaces,
>etc) added to the Linux/Unix port? Has anyone with DP3 played with Python?

I would guess that it would be a hybrid.  I haven't thought deeply
about this at all, but yes, it seems like MacPython could use both
the POSIX API's (to clean up/simplify the worlds of sockets, files,
etc.) and the old Mac toolbox (via Carbon).

I have DP3 but I haven't tried doing anything with Python yet.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                             doug@sonosphere.com
http://www.sonosphere.com/