[Pythonmac-SIG] Python termination problems

Pieter Claerhout PClaerhout@CREO.BE
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:38:49 +0200

Try typing CTRL+Z to close the window.

Kind regards,

Pieter
PClaerhout@creo.be

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael
To: pythonmac-sig@python.org
Sent: 9/16/99 12:33 PM
Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] Python termination problems

This is my first post to the SIG, so HI, everybody! :)

Using editpythonprefs, I've set python to keep the standard output
window open if there's an error.  This works wonderfully, as it allows
me to have the error on-screen at the same time as the code.  However,
the window title changes to <<Terminated>> when the program halts.  At
this point, how do I close the window?  It doesn't have a close button,
and it doesn't respond to apple-Q.  Sometimes it closes wen I hit
<return>, but not reliably.  Worse, using apple-option-escape to "force
quit" frequently crashes the computer.

For what it's worth, I'm using an iMac with OS 8.6.

Thanks for the help -
Michael