[Pythonmac-SIG] interslip module problems in mac tutorial

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:33:31 +0100

> I have been reading through the html tutorial contained in the Mac
> distribution, and also some of the Inside Macintosh books. But I have found
> myself stumped with "part one" of the tutorial - a simple program that
> allows you to control InterSLIP. In brief I have a problem with interSLIP -
> I can find no way of getting the module to load (and can't find such a
> module on my system) and so always get the "file not found" error returned
> from the Python Interpretor.

The bad news is that this tutorial doesn't really work anymore. InterSLIP and
the InterSLIP module are long dead, and this tutorial should be replaced by
one that explains this with another module as example.

Could someone _please_ step in and change Example 1, Example 2 and the Plugins
example to use something a bit more up to date? Please? Please?? Please???