[Pythonmac-SIG] calldll and Cobject

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:39:00 -0800

I'm using the calldll more and more these days... it (and shared libraries
in general) are the greatest thing since sliced bread.  But I have a
question about the "CObject" type.

Who owns this data?  In other words, when the last Python reference to a
CObject is removed, and the python wrapper is garbage-collected, does it
try to delete the data pointed to or any such thing?  I'm assuming not,
since it wouldn't know what sort of deletion is appropriate.  And that's
fine with me -- I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |