[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Spaces for indentation in IDE

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:45:39 -0700

HI folks,

I am struggling with getting the interaction between using Python
scripts on both Linux and the Mac.

The problem is the spaces vs tabs indentation. Emacs Python mode uses
spaces. the Mac IDE and all the editors I've found so far use tabs. This
can be a major pain in the butt, and I don't want to have to run a
conversion script every time I go back and forth.

These seem to be my options:

Set up emacs mode to use tabs:
	It doesn't seem obvious to me how to do this, but I'm trying.

Can the IDE be set up to use just spaces for indentation? I'd like it to
be just like Emacs mode.

Get the Alpha Python mode to act like emacs

-Thanks

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker,