[Pythonmac-SIG] An Odd Question...

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 10:50:46 +0200

> OK, I will risk being branded the list idiot if you will be patient
> enough to hear me out. What I want to know is whether it is possible
> to embed Perl in Python, Mac or otherwise? Or maybe I am just talking
> about calling Perl scripts from executing Python scripts?

My gut feeling is that this is imposible, because of the two runtime systems.
On the other hand, TCL/TK has been neatly integrated in Python, so maybe it is
doable after all. I don't see any mac-specific issues up front, so it might be
worhtwhile to ask the general Python community whether someone has done any
work on this.