[Pythonmac-SIG] Plugins and MacPython

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:17:32 -0700

At 4:44 PM -0700 7/6/99, David wrote:

>Hello.  I've just recently been interested in python on the mac and have
>been going through the MacPython source code to become familiar with it
>(in the hopes of helping with it).  I have a question about plugins.
>What is the current situation with current shared library plugins
>working with future versions of MacPython?

Hard to say.  Current plug-ins will apparently need to be recompiled to
work with the next release (if, in fact, the next release is ever released).

>Looking through the mail list archive I've also seen some requests for a
>macpython specific web page.  Does this exist yet?

No.  I was supposed to be doing that, but I dropped the ball.  If you want
to pick it up, just say so!

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |