[Pythonmac-SIG] 'edit' module

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 10:57:22 -0800

I've just posted my 'edit' module.  This is the thing that, in an
interactive IDE window, lets you type

edit(foo)

to quickly launch an editor appropriate for whatever 'foo' is.  Currently
I've got modules for short strings and 2D Numeric matrices; I've also got a
shell of an editor for sequences, but it's not implemented yet.  The whole
thing is still rather rough around the edges, but I'm posting it to solicit
feedback.  See:

	    http://www.strout.net/python/edit/

Then, once you've got the modules, try these tests:

import Numeric
foo = Numeric.ones(100)
foo.shape = (10,10)
edit(foo)

foo = "bar"
foo = editreturn(foo)

(Please excuse the debugging outputs printed by the matrix editor -- as I
said, it's a work in progress.)

Looking forward to your comments,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |