[Pythonmac-SIG] List selection in background windows

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:57:20 +0100

At 1:43 PM +0100 2/2/99, Jack Jansen wrote:
>In MacPython, if a window with a list object is sent to the background the
>selection in that list object becomes invisible (not the data itself, but the
>fact that it has been selected), where most other applications change the
>selection focus to an outline.

The List Manager just doesn't do this :-(

>Does anyone know what I should do to fix this?

I _think_ a custom LDEF could fix it (but I'm not sure). The "other" apps
you're talking about probably use an alternative list manager (The A List,
Stone Table, PowerPlant(?)).

Just