[Pythonmac-SIG] plplot on the Mac

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 01 May 1998 11:39:10 +0200

> I'd say, use the Python approach, which is to put a file containing an alias
> pointing to the lib into the preferences folder. That way, if the user moves
> the lib folder to a different location on the same volume, the alias will
> still
> point to the correct place. See the Python sources and EditPythonPrefs.py for
> examples on how to do that.

And have a look at the Mac preferences.py module (which is used by
EditPythonPrefs), which has a nice interface to preferences files with default
values taken from other places. The only problem  is it isn't documented yet:-(

Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm