[PYTHONMAC-SIG] How to print a PostScript file?

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 11:54:45 +0000

~I'm generating PostScript from a small Python application on my Mac (never
~having programmed anything more than simple spreadsheets on a Mac before).
~I don't have a PostScript printer so I've been displaying the output in
~MacGS and printing from there.  The application will eventually be delivered
~to a Mac with a PostScript printer, however.  Is there an easy way to print
~a PostScript file from within Python?  It's simple Adobe Level-1 PostScript.
~

Mmm mutter, mutter....... there's no printing implemented in python, except
via appleevents and other apps.

But for PostScript you can use send you file to Drop*PS or the apple
laserwriter unility for printing.

Drop*PS is at <ftp://ftp.barebones.com//pub/freeware/>