[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Incompatible change

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 02 Jun 1997 14:07:47 +0200

Folks,
I'm planning to replace the rather unintellegible MacOS.SetScheduleTimes() and
MacOS.EnableAppSwitch() with a single call, probably something like
	MacOS.SetEventLoop(checkabort, checkevents, checkinterval, yieldfg,
				yieldbg)
with all parameters optional (and returning all current values), and the
parameters meaning
checkabort	If true check for command-dot in the interpreter mainloop
checkevents	If true check and dispatch events (such as redraw) in the
		mainloop
checkinterval	The interval in seconds in which the mainloop should do these
		checks
yieldfg		When checking give the CPU up for so many seconds if running
		foreground
yieldbg		Ditto, for background.

Two questions:
- is this a reasonable interface?
- can I remove the old two calls or should I leave them for compatability?

Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm