[PYTHONMAC-SIG] MkPluginAliases crash

Ned Schumann ned@olympus.net
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 18:57:22 -0800

Thanks so much for the helpful replies from Guido, Bill Bedford, Steven
Majewski and Joe Strout.

Bill - yours was on the mark and because of it am now up and running. In
case the issue pops up again here's the story....

Unpacking Python 1.4 CFM68K onto a Mac OS Version 7.6 without version 4.0
of  CFM-68K Runtime Enabler will crash the system immediately after
invoking MkPluginAliases.

The solution is to replace ' CFM-68K Runtime Enabler' in the Extensions
folder by version 4.0 or later from
ftp://ftp.info.apple.com/Apple.Support.Area/Apple_SW_Updates/US/Macintosh/System
/CFM-68K/. Follow the 'Readme' that is packed with the 'Enabler', then
invoke MkPluginAliases and resume the Python distribution instructions.

As Bill points out, ' CFM-68K Runtime Enabler' is back in 7.6.1 for 68030
and 68040 processors.

Regards,
Ned
Townsend Communications, Inc