[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Application Running?

Joseph Strout jstrout@ucsd.edu
Tue, 1 Apr 1997 09:09:02 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 1 Apr 1997, Jack Jansen wrote:

> > I need to be able to test if an application that I launched with
> > findertools.launch(file) is still running. Can anyone tell me how to do
> > that in Python?
>
> If the app supports appleevents you could poll it with an appleevent, that's
> the only way you can currently do this easily in Python. An alternative could
> be to use calldll to generate an interface to the process manager.

When I want to do this in AppleScript, I just ask the Finder for a list of
processes, then scan the list for the application I'm interested in.
Couldn't you do the same thing from Python?

-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Department of Neuroscience, UCSD   |
|    jstrout@ucsd.edu           http://www-acs.ucsd.edu/~jstrout/  |