[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Mac Python with Tk -- early beta

Mark Guzdial guzdial@cc.gatech.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 13:52:55 -0500 (EST)

I'm very excited about this announcement, and just downloaded all the
different pieces.  But I can't seem to get any of it working.

I typed in the "Simple Hello World Program" from the "Tkinter Life
Preserver" documentation, and I'm getting strange errors:
- If I just import it, I get told that Frame is unknown.
- If I execfile it, I get an I/O error.
(See below)

I start WISH before I do any imports -- is that the right thing to do?

Thanks for any pointers!
  Mark

Python 1.3 (Feb 17 1996)  [CW 68K w/GUSI]
>>> from hellotk import *
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "Guz AV:Python 1.3.1:src:hellotk.py", line 3, in ?
    class Application(Frame):
NameError: Frame
>>> from Tkinter import *
>>> from hellotk import *
>>> a=Application()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: Application
>>> a = hellotk.Application()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
NameError: hellotk
>>> import hellotk
>>> a = hellotk.Application()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
AttributeError: Application
>>> execfile("Guz AV:Python 1.3:src:hellotk.py")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
IOError: (22, 'package 5 not present [Transcendental Functions]')

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial@cc.gatech.edu