[Pythonedu-wg] Simplified GUI library for kids

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Mon Nov 14 04:44:57 EST 2016

On 14 November 2016 at 09:37, Laura Sach <lawsie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As a teacher, I found it really frustrating that there wasn't a Python GUI
> library that was accessible to children. I talked about it to some people at
> Pycon but it didn't really go anywhere, so I decided to have a go myself!
>
> https://github.com/lawsie/guizero
>
> More on the aims of what I'm trying to do can be found in the readme.

This is looking great, thanks for sharing!

> Any comments/advice/help would be most welcome! :)

Have you looked at Shoes (from the Ruby world) at all? It was created
with a similar aim - to make it as easy as possible to get started
with GUI programming http://shoesrb.com/walkthrough/. It might be
worth looking at for inspiration, but of course it leans heavily on
Ruby magic.

Alex