[Pythonedu-wg] Bit shift problem

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Tue Dec 20 05:17:21 EST 2016

On 20/12/2016 09:38, Laura Sach wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a resource which reads weather data, and I'm using this
> code to read data from a BMP180 barometric pressure sensor.
>
> https://github.com/lawsie/barometric-sensor

Laura,

I may be missing something, but it looks to me as though Adafruit have
already done this for the modules you're using. The repo you point to at
the head of the backend file:

   https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-Raspberry-Pi-Python-Code/

describes how they've broken the code out into smaller repos and made
them work with Py2/3.

Certainly

   https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_BMP

and

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Python_GPIO/blob/master/Adafruit_GPIO/I2C.py

seem, by inspection, to be 2/3 compatible.

I'm happy to help, but is it possible that you're re-inventing the wheel
here? Or have I missed something?

TJG