[Python.NET] Runtime Callable Wrapper Interop

Phat Loc phat.loc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:26:15 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I want to be able to use the Runtime Callable Wrapper for the Excel
application as I would in the CLR from C#. Maybe I am missing something
because it does work partially. If I get reference to Runtime Callable
Wrapper for an Excel Application COM object then I can call its methods and
properties like a normal clr object. However if one of the property is
another COM object e.g. ExcelApp.Cells then it would need to
a marshal.createwrapperoftype for that.

How would I get it to work like comtypes (http://pythonhosted.org/comtypes/)
but using the CLR wrapper instead of COM directly? Do I need to modify the
python runtime in order to handle this use case or is there an easier way?

Thanks,

Phat