[Python.NET] clr ImportError

Denis Akhiyarov denis.akhiyarov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 03:37:43 EDT 2016

I would start with clean installation of pythonnet wheel from PyPi or
source on master branch on github, preferable in conda env or virtualenv.
Also make sure you have no left-over clr.pyd or Python.Runtime.dll files in
system or python paths.

I used pt(i)python with no problems before. But what happens if you remove
it completely?

It is possible to debug this, but let's first find out if this is
repeatable?

The way I normally debug this initialization code is by checking
Debugger.IsAttached and sleeping the thread if the flag is false.