[Python.NET] Debugging CPYTHON embedded in .NET

Tony Roberts tony at pyxll.com
Fri Jul 10 10:23:31 CEST 2015

Hi Denis,

you can use the remote debugger in PyCharm to attach to your .NET process.
It requires a small bit of python code in your application to make it
connect to the PyCharm debug server, but it works very well.

See the instructions here:
http://blog.jetbrains.com/pycharm/2010/12/python-remote-debug-with-pycharm/

I've got an open request to enhance the new 'attach to process' feature
that appeared in 4.0 so that it could attach to processes embedding python
and not just python.exe (https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/PY-14181),
but for now using the debug server is your best option.

Best regards,
Tony