[Python.NET] binding redirects

Adam Klein aklein at bluemountaincapital.com
Thu Oct 23 16:55:29 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I recently had a situation where I wanted to redirect FSharp.Core.dll from 4.3.0.0 to 4.3.1.0 during Python.NET assembly loading, and the only way I could figure out how to do so was machine-wide via the machine.config in the .NET framework.

I looked at the Python.NET source code and I'm fairly confident you can't do this at the "application" level right now, but I just wanted to ask anyway.

Would be a nice feature to have, not sure it's possible with the current Load/LoadFrom assembly loading semantics?

Best,
  Adam