[Python.NET] Efficient copy of .NET Array to ctypes or numpy array.

Dave Cook daverz at gmail.com
Wed May 21 09:21:01 CEST 2014

I need to copy a .NET Array (e.g. Double[] or Byte[]) to a numpy array, but
it seems the only way to do so is element by element, which is very slow.
Since we are copying a lot of data in real time, it creates a real
bottleneck.

Alternatively, efficient conversion of the .NET array to a Python style
byte string would allow numpy.fromstring() to be used for creating the
numpy array.

(I see a similar question went unanswered on the list in August 2011, but I
was hoping someone may have figured it out by now.)

Thanks,
Dave Cook