[Python.NET] PythonDotNet Digest, Vol 122, Issue 13

Tony Roberts tony at pyxll.com
Tue Jun 17 23:58:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

yeah it definitely does build for x64. That's what I use mostly, in fact.

I think the 64 bit compilers don't come as part of visual studio express.
You can get them as part of the windows sdk download from msdn though. You
might struggle to get it to work with distutils/setup tools as they expect
the compiler to be installed as part of visual studio. What you'll need to
do is start a prompt with all the compiler stuff setup and set the env var
DISTUTILS_USE_SDK=1 to tell distutils to look at the current environment
for the compiler instead of the registry.

cheers,
Tony