[Python.NET] Problem loading clr.pyd?

Hans Peter Jepsen hpj at lodam.com
Wed Aug 20 13:37:57 CEST 2014

Hi

I have a problem with python.net.

I have with py2exe build a few programs, that uses Python.NET. I have tried to run the programs build on 3 PCs.

On 2 of PCs the programs run without problems. These PCs have Windows 7 Professional with Service Pack 1 (64bit). The programs are built on of these machines.

On the 3rd PC I get this error message:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'clr.pyd' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.
File name: 'clr.pyd'

This PC has Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2. Highest version of installed Microsoft.NET framework is 3.5.

Version of Python.Net is pythonnet-2.0-Beta0-clr4.  Python version is 2.7.3.

My questions now are:
*       What is the exact reason for the error message on 3rd  PC?
*       Is the any way to solve this problem.
*       If I am using a too new version of Python.NET, is there a version, that would work on all 3 PC?

I hope, that you can help me further?

Kind regards

Hans Peter