[Python.NET] pip and wheel

Zane D. Purvis code.zane at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 19:28:37 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM, davidacoder <davidacoder at hotmail.com>wrote:

> After all, on windows msbuild and the c# compiler are installed by default
> on pretty much any machine in any case, compile times shouldn’t be much of
> a problem, and so if my understanding of pip is correct, we could have full
> pip support with a source release on pypi.

The .NET Client Profile is installed by default, but not the full framework
nor the developer tools.  In fact, most of the python developers I know do
not have the .NET development tools installed.  Being forced to install
them would be a barrier to entry for them.  The users of their apps
definitely don't have the compiler installed, nor should they have to.