[Python.NET] Python for .net and python 3.2

Kieran Love klove at iress.com.au
Wed Nov 6 07:16:45 CET 2013

I've downloaded "pythonnet-2.0-Beta0-clr4.0_140_py27_UCS2_x86.zip"
and unzipped its contents to my python32/DLLs folder.

Then when I try to use it I get the following error:-

>>> import clr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (PyInit_clr)

Three questions:

1.       I'm assuming this release was for use with .net4 and python version 2.7, is that correct?

3.       Is there a different reason why my python code example isn't working with the official release?

Thanks for your time.
Important Note
This email (including any attachments) contains information which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or copy this email.  If you have received this email in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete this email. Any views expressed in this email are not necessarily the views of IRESS Limited.

It is the duty of the recipient to virus scan and otherwise test the information provided before loading onto any computer system.
IRESS Limited does not warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect or error.