[Python.NET] how to load and execute py file which consumes a thrid part C-based python extension in C# code

lizy10b lizy10b at 126.com
Thu Mar 28 19:09:31 CET 2013

Thank you, Bradley.
I found a simple sample code on the maillist. Now I could load and execute a pure python function in a py file in C#.

And a new problem is that the PythonEngine.ImportModule("modulename") method always return NULL in my case. The modulename.py comsumes a third part ctypes wrapped library (the Rtree 0.7 python library). It seems the PythonEngine can not find it, but actually it has been installed to the default path (C:\Python262\Lib\site-packages\rtree) , and the modulename.py file runs smoothly under python command line.
I worte a new py file which only contains a function returning the sys.path, and load it in C#, the sys.path seems OK.
So I don't know what's wrong....

Thanks.

Zhiyu Li

2013-03-29