[Python.NET] IronPython Embeddied .NET 4.0, how to transfer object from C# into Ironpython and back again

riscy00 riscy00 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:33:25 CEST 2012

In addition, as an example for LIST<T> basis (rather than Dictionary for
which I primary interested once I get hang of the below....

In Python
class Pointer(object):                  #class definition
    def __init__(self, alist, index):
        self.alist = alist
        self.index = index

    def get(self):                      # get
        return self.alist[self.index]

    def set(self, value):               # set
        self.alist[self.index] = value

def find(q):
    return Pointer(q, 0)

def Process():
    list1 = [1, 2, 3]                       #list object
    p = find(list1)                         #this create instance of the
Pointer object with p as reference and then implement list value
    p.set(0)                                #Modify the list value on index
0
    return list1
I also have C# .NET4 with embedded python
In C#
        private void btnRun2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // C# Side
            var runtime = Python.CreateRuntime();
            dynamic test = runtime.UseFile(m_sFilename);   // filename point
to test.py (above code)
            var result = test.Process();
            rtbConsole.Text += result.ToString();
        }
Under debug, I can see result containing the list element 1,2,3 (with
data)...which is great.

(a) How to pass the LIST<T> in C# to python
(b) How to pass the LIST<T> back to C# after python calculation routine.
(c) How to make return result into LIST<T>  from the above....

Your input would be appreciated.