[Python.NET] Struggling with a library

Tribble, Brett btribble at ea.com
Thu Mar 29 18:40:56 CEST 2012

Hmmm, here are a couple more ideas:

Are both machines 32 or 64 bit? Are both copies of Python also 32 or 64 bit? You could be attempting to load a 32 bit dll on a 64 bit machine, or visa versa. In theory, if the assembly is C#, or VB.NET, you can compile the assembly for "Any CPU", and it should work on both. Alternatively, you could use 32bit Python on both machines, and explicitly compile the assembly for x86 (32bit).

I have also found that loading assemblies is also much more reliable if the internal namespace of the assembly matches the name of the resulting .dll.