[Python.NET] PythonDotNet - IronPyton

Laszlo Sebo laszlo.sebo at primefocusworld.com
Mon Jan 10 19:48:31 CET 2011

Hi Emmanuel,

Python.Net lets you use .net assemblies from within any cpython
environment. You can't do that via ironpython.
So you can integrate common .net libraries with applications that have
their own python interpreters. We use this quite heavily integrating
.net with maya, nuke and a lot of standalone python tools.

So i would say, ironpython is used best when your host environment is
.net, and python.net is used best if the host environment is python.

cheers,
laszlo