[Python.NET] [Patch] Python.NET build on Ubuntu 10.04/Mono 2.4.4/Python2.6

VIKAS DHIMAN wecacuee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 19:25:02 CET 2011

Hi all,

Through some dirty fixes, I was able to build Python.NET on Ubuntu. Can
anyone please review and merge my patch (attached) ?

Thanks,
Vikas

Changes:
1. Added namespace to src/runtime/pyansistring.cs
2. Some generalizations in src/monoclr/Makefile
3. I was getting error "Irrecoverable syntax error" with ilasm on
clrmodule.il . Fixed by following changes:
   3.1 Renamed src/runtime/clrmodule.il to src/runtime/clrmodule.pp.il .
   3.2 Modified ./Makefile to run cpp preprocessor on src/runtime/
clrmodule.pp.il and generate src/runtime/clrmodule.il