[Python.NET] python 2.7 build

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Oct 21 17:29:22 CEST 2010

Am 21.10.2010 10:33, schrieb Barton:
> To quote the originator of this project: The Python.Runtime "has a lot
> of carnal knowledge" of the inner workings of python.  It may take a
> while longer before the additions that have been made to python 2.7
> become integrated into the pythonnet's Python.Runtime (and don't expect
> 3K any time soon).

Years ago it took me a lot of time and fiddling to add support for
Python 2.5 and 2.6. Python.NET heavily relies on the Python ABI and
memory layout of structs. Everytime a struct member is added, removed or
modified the type definitions in Python.NET must follow, too. Your best
change to get it fixed is a diff of all header files between the
release26-maint and release27-maint branch. Good luck!

Christian