[Python.NET] getting started - can't import a simple dll

Jason Awbrey jason at awbrey.net
Wed Dec 15 01:53:01 CET 2010

I'm evaluating PDN for use in an upcoming project.

1. installed Python 2.6.5
2. installed PDN - copied the clr.pyd file to Python's DLLs folder, and
copied Python.Runtime.dll to Python's root
3. copy my dll (VS2010, simple C# class lib with two methods) into Python's
root.
4. start python (using the python.exe from 2.6.5, not the one from PDN)

>>> import clr
>>> clr.AddReference("My.DLL")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find assembly
'HFF.Helper.Utilities'.

   at Python.Runtime.CLRModule.AddReference(String name)

I assume I'm making some incredibly obvious newbie error.  Can anyone point
me in the right direction?

And, where can I find good docs/reference/discussion on using PDN?

thanks - Jason