[Python.NET] difference between commandline and dll

Fülöp Dávid fulopd at pragma.hu
Tue Jul 29 20:20:23 CEST 2008

Hello

I am new in python, so I don't know, what has to be worked, and what is
under

development.

But I have a problem:

If use python for .net 2.0 alpha 2 and matplotlib

If I run python2.4-UCS2\python.exe and I type the following code, then it is

working. (this is not the problem    )

import pylab as p

def onclick(event):

 print 'clicked'

fig=p.figure()

ax = fig.add_subplot(111)

ax.plot(t1, s1, linewidth=1.0)

fig.canvas.mpl_connect('button_press_event',cl)

p.show()

But if I want to run the following script by ironpython 2B3 with the
embedding module it did not work.

from embedding import Import

pyl=Import('pylab')

fig = pyl.plt.figure()

def onclick(event):

 print 'clicked'

cid = fig.canvas.mpl_connect('button_press_event', onclick) # it throws an
exception

pyl.show()

I used python2.4-UCS2 dll and a necessary embedding.py.

The problem is the onclick object.

Why does it work only in the first case?

The main reason for i am interested in is that I want to host ironpython in

c# and I want use matplotlib in ironpython.

Hi

Fulop David