[Python.NET] Patches and new release

John Burnett JBurnett at blizzard.com
Wed Feb 27 03:13:37 CET 2008

I’ve just applied some patches that were submitted to sourceforge by Joe Frayne and I (Brian Lloyd made us admins recently).  They seem to work fine, and can be summarized as follows:

-Bugfix in string test (revision 91, jburnett)

-Added 64-bit support on Windows (revision 92, jburnett)

-Possible bugfix for delegate support in .NET 2.x (revision 93, jburnett)

-Support for conversion from python float to object (revision 94, anonymous)

-Fix for binding to certain generic methods (revision 95, jfrayne)

That said, I had two questions for anyone who can help J

-It’s been a while since there’s been a “release” of python.net.  The latest pre-compiled package is “pythonnet-2.0-alpha2-clr2.0.zip” from September of last year, and that doesn’t include a chunk of changes (even ignoring the changes above).  Does anyone know what’s involved in bundling up a release and posting it?  (Brian suggested that I ask here :).

-When I applied the patches above, I forgot to add attribution to jfrayne in the submit log.  I’d like to go back to add it (ie. prepend “Patch 1874988 from Joe Frayne” to the log), but I can’t seem to do it.  Using TortoiseSVN, if I right-click on the appropriate log entry and use “edit log message”, I get the following error when I try to apply the change:

----

DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's pre-revprop-change hook

either failed or is non-existent

At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

----

Is there any way I can do this?

John