[Python.NET] python 2.5

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Tue Oct 16 16:53:06 CEST 2007

Paul Harter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are tring to move to python 2.5. and are having trouble getting
> pythonDotNet to import using the pre-built binaries. When we use the
> python.exe which is part of the pre-built binaries "import clr" can
> execute without a problem. However trying to use an existing
> python.exe (e.g. the standard installed one, but we also need to use
> it embedded) we always get the following error:
>
> ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initclr)
>
> What magic does the included python.exe perform, or what are we doing
> wrong in our installation.

(Resending because gmane didn't send this msg)

Oh, that's probably a bug in Mono. I haven't had a chance to test the
pre-built package on Windows to its full extend. I used Mono to compile
the assemblies and binaries. Python.exe and the assemblies worked
like a charm on Windows but I forgot to see if clr.pyd works, too

I'm going to investigate the problem and send a bug report to the mono
developers. Can anybody please send me a Windows binary of clr.pyd?

About embedding:
Could you please release some sample code how to embed Python.NET and
Python 2.x on Windows? I've just some C code for Mono.

Christian