[Python.NET] Unable to import library imaplib

Kris Beyers kris_beyers at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 11:16:42 CEST 2007

Hi

I can import CLR, but not imaplib. Although imaplib is part of the standard python library, and I suppose I didn't need CLR.
I also tried different combinations of case of the word "imaplib", since the import statement is case sensitive.
Currently I have the latest Python version 25, and installed the latest PythonNet afterwards (PythonNet 1.0 release candidate 2).
Also tried to include the path to the C:\Python25\Lib in the systemvariable PATH, where imaplib.py resides.

Furthermore I included C:\Program Files\PythonNet in the same systemvariable, but that's nog part of the problem I guess.

Regards,
Kris

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:39:43 -0700From: dvpdiner2 at yahoo.comSubject: Re: [Python.NET] Unable to import library imaplibTo: kris_beyers at hotmail.comCC: pythondotnet at python.org

Did you use (in Python)>>> import clrto import the Common Language Runtime and support .NET assemblies?
 Uru Live IRC Chat: unreal.JustIRC.net #uru

----- Original Message ----From: Kris Beyers <kris_beyers at hotmail.com>To: pythondotnet at python.orgSent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:31:35 PMSubject: [Python.NET] Unable to import library imaplib

Hi I'm trying to make a python script (which would be called from a C# application) and communicates with an IMAP server.Passing variables from C# to python and back is no problem, but when I type "import imaplib" on top of the python script to support IMAP, the script fails to run at line with following code: "func.Invoke(arguments)". Showing error message in the C# developer: "<null reference>". I also tried to call PythonEngine.ImportModule("imaplib") first, but no change.Is there a way to import the library? Thank you in advance. Tip: Just found out about an amazing C# developer http://www.sharpdevelop.net (open source) Regards,Kris C#***try { string imapUser = "kris"; string imapPassword = "a password";     PythonEngine.Initialize();     PyObject[] arguments = new PyObject[2]; arguments[0] = PyObject.FromManagedObject(imapUser); arguments[1] = PyObject.FromManagedObject(imapPassword);     PyObject pyportal = PythonEngine.ImportModule("PyPortal"); PyObject func = pyportal.GetAttr("invoker");     PyObject result = func.Invoke(arguments); this.label1.Text = result.ToString();} catch (Exception err) { this.label1.Text = err.Message.ToString();} The file PyPortal.py***************import imaplib                      #  <-- causes errordef invoker(imapUser, imapPassword):    messages = []    M = imaplib.IMAP4('imap.next.mail.yahoo.com')    M.login(imapUser, imapPassword)    M.select()    typ, data = M.search(None, 'ALL')    for num in data[0].split():        typ, data = M.fetch(num, '(RFC822)')        messages.append('Message %s\n%s\n' % (num, data[0][1]))    M.close()    M.logout()    return '<delimiter>'.join(messages)  het ultieme online mailprogramma! Ontdek Windows Live Hotmail,