[Python.NET] Problem passing parameters to a python function from C#

Brian Lloyd brian.d.lloyd at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:08:58 CEST 2006

HI Tiago -

If I'm reading this right, I think the issue is that your method is
returning
a (Python) Template instance.

The PythonNet runtime can't convert arbitrary Python types to anything
that .NET can make sense of, so your method need to either return a
"primitive" Python type that maps to a primitive .NET type (string, int,
etc.), or a wrapped .NET object.

Try returning str(template), and I bet you'll get the string result on the
other side.

Hope this helps,

Brian