[Python.NET] [PythonNet] 1/ 2 Resolve "Invalid free()s (probably GC-related)"

Collector: Python for .NET Issue ... pythondotnet at python.org
Sat May 7 23:20:12 CEST 2005

Issue #1 Update (Resolve) "Invalid free()s (probably GC-related)"
 Status Resolved, General/bug medium
To followup, visit:
  http://www.zope.org/Members/Brian/PythonNet/Collector/1

= Resolve - Entry #2 by Brian on May 7, 2005 5:20 pm

Figured this out: interop was trying to
release the char * for strings returned from
python ;(
= Request - Entry #1 by Brian on Dec 6, 2004 5:19 pm

> Python For .NET beta 3 runs fine for me with Mono
> version 1.01 on Linux.  I do get "free(): invalid pointer"
> messages, presumably from garbage collection (??)
> but it does seem to run fine.
>
>      James Phillips

Thats great news ;) It also confirms that there is still
a bug lurking somewhere in my interop-level memory mgmt
(I've gotten reports of invalid frees under a debugger
on win32 as well...)