[Python.NET] RE: Request for current status

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Thu Oct 21 16:22:36 CEST 2004

> Hello,
> Pythondotnet is a nice library.
> I am interested to know the roadmap of this library and and whether any
> new version is going to be released in near future.
> For example it will be nice if the following issue in Pythondotnet is
> resolved.
> "Python classes can't yet implement interfaces or abstract classes."
>
> Best Regards,
> /Srijit

Hi Srijit,

There is no roadmap per se. There probably won't be a significant
new version (esp. dealing with implementing interfaces and
abstract classes) in the very near future, partly because I'm
too time-constrained and partly because it looks likely that
IronPython might be a better solution for that kind of thing
in the end.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com