[Python.NET] Python.NET and COM CoClasses

Bruce Dodson bruce_dodson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 29 18:35:56 EST 2004

I tried to use Python.NET with COM objects, and I couldn't
get it to work.  The documentation says it works, so I
assume either that there is a bug or that I'm doing
something wrong.

Background: I have a large COM library of vtbl-based
interfaces, not accessible through Win32all.  They can be
accessed through ctypes but it's slow and there are a many
cases where the autogenerated wrappers are wrong.  This
library ships with .NET assemblies which properly deal with
those special cases, so that's why I'm interested in
Python.NET.

What happens is I can import the interfaces, and I can
import the CoClasses, but Python.NET seems to think the
CoClasses are interfaces too.  So when I try to instantiate
an object, it fails with a message "interface constructor
requires a single argument" or something like that.

Any ideas?

Bruce