[Python.NET] Showing modal .NET dialogs from Python

Mike and Viv Kelly mikeandvivkelly at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 11 09:40:09 EST 2004

Hi Jill.

Have a look at the documentation where it describes using 'Assembly.LoadWithPartialName'. I think you need to do something like this:

    from CLR.System.Reflection import Assembly
    Assembly.LoadWithPartialName("MyColleaguesFile")
    from CLR.MyColleaguesFile import MyColleaguesForm

Then you can use the class natively. The above assumes that the assembly can be located in the existing path (e.g. current working directory). If not, add its location to sys.path.

Also assumed is that the namespace for the class is the same as the assembly file name. If not, use the correct one in the third line above, e.g. CLR.MyColleaguesNamespace.

Mike