[Python.NET] Compiling under mono

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Fri Jun 25 11:27:54 EDT 2004

> I know this isnt supposed to work yet, but no harm in trying,
>
> When I make under mono, I get:
>
> ilasm /nologo /dll /quiet /output=CLR.dll \
> ./src/runtime/CLRModule.il;
> syntax error, got token `K_INT32', expecting INT64 K_AT
> K_FROMUNMANAGED K_CALLMOSTDERIVED
>
> <snip>
>
> I don't know il at all, so I dont understand the error, but if
> you could help me make it compile, it would be great.

Hi Miles - I don't think it _can_ assemble correctly yet with the
mono ilasm.

The reason is that I have to do a terrible hack that involves
compiling with the csharp compiler, then disassembling to IL to
add some necessary marshalling modifiers that can't be indicated
in csharp, and finally reassembling the result.

Last time I looked, the mono assembler couldn't deal with modopt(...)
or modreq(...) in IL, which is what causes the error. So it
probably won't compile under native mono tools until support for
that is added to ilasm.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com