[Python.NET] Problem whith DirectX device creation under pythonnet

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Tue Jan 13 10:43:13 EST 2004

> I use the "DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (Summer 2003)" documentation.
>
> This C# sample is very close to my code.
> It use the same constructor.
>
> Is there any way to view the constructor signature with python ?
>
> Laurent.

Not currently, though I've put it on the todo list (I think I can
have SomeClass.__doc__ display constructor info).

Your code _looks_ right, which makes me suspect that the Python
integration layer is somehow mishandling one of the arguments. I
don't have managed directx handy, so I don't have a quick way
to check that theory :(

If you're inclined, you can probably hack the MethodBinder.cs file
to log what it's doing when it tries to convert the arguments. I'll
try to get mdx installed to try to reproduce it myself, but it may
be a few days.

Just to be sure - you are using the latest beta, right? Beta 2 had
a bug that caused problems calling ctors, so make sure you are
using the b3 release.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com