[Python.NET] RE: The future of Python.NET

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Mon Dec 6 21:28:30 CET 2004

> I would like to encourage you to continue your excellent work on
> Python.NET.  It's my opinion that it will be a _long_ time before
> IronPython comes close to Python.NET in terms of usability, if ever.
> Here are some of my reasons for that opinion:
>
> <snip good reasons>
>
> Basically my point is that Python.NET is great and is immediately
> useful, and I sincerely hope you don't abandon it.  As Rumack said
> in "Airplane": good luck, we're all counting on you.

Thanks for the kind words! I definitely don't plan to abandon
it, I just need to get myself off of the critical path as my
time is somewhat unpredictable. One thing I'd like to do is get
a public tracker / issue collector up to better organize and
manage bugs & features - hopefully I'll be able to get that
done this week.

...and stop calling me Shirley ;)

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716