[Python.NET] Network Install - Update

Brian Almond pythonista at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 18 21:03:20 EDT 2004

More data:

If I'm running Python from a Novell network share
volume (that is, no local Python install) and try
running a Python.NET script, I receive:

Unhandled Exception:
System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required
permissions cannot be acquired.
   at CLRModule.initCLR()

The script I'm running is simply a single line,
"import CLR".

Any tips from the .NET savvy programmers on the list?
(Aside from: "Don't do that." ;)

Additionally, I'm having trouble getting McMillan's
installer to behave with the CLR imports.  Is this
something that may get resolved in the next beta?
I've seen mention of switching to using the official
import hooks in the TODO file in CVS.  This sounds
like something promising.

TIA - It's really remarkable how well Python.NET
works, and how simple it is to take C# code and
convert it.