[Python.NET] Do assemblies need to be placed into the GAC

Felix McAllister felix_mcallister at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:00:56 EST 2003

Brian,

Thanks for that. We don't currently put our assemblies into the GAC because
our ASP.NET app can (theoretically) support multiple versions on the one
server machine. Each version lives in a separate sub-directory that then
contains a 'bin' directory for the assembly DLLs.

Although you *can* put multiple versions of the same component into the GAC
(as long as the AssemblyVersion number is different), how would Python.NET
distinguish these?

Felix.